The Origins

The essentials of the House

Henri-Marc de Venoge leaves his native Vaud region in Switzerland to settle in the Champagne region and founds "de Venoge & Cie" with his son Joseph in 1837.

The Cordon Bleu (Blue Ribbon) is chosen as an emblem of the House. It represents the Venoge river and the order of the Holy Spirit, the most famous order of chivalry of the French monarchy.

In 1838, Henri-Marc de Venoge is behind a true marketing revolution with the creation of the 1st illustrated label in the history of Champagne.

The de Venoge dynasty

Noblesse oblige
15ème siècle
Origins of the de Venoge family in Switzerland, where the Venoge river flows into lake Geneva.
1825
Henri-Marc de Venoge leaves his country for the Champagne region
1837
Henri-Marc founds"de Venoge & Cie" in Epernay.
1838
Henri-Marc creates the 1st illustrated label in the Champagne history.
1845
Joseph de Venoge, son of Henri-Marc and leading figure of Epernay's aristocracy, takes over the presidency of the company.
1851
The Cordon Bleu (Blue Ribbon) is chosen as an emblem of the House. It represents the Venoge river and the order of the Holy Spirit.
1858
The Cuvée des Princes is created in honour of the Princes of Orange.
1866
Gaëtan de Venoge, son of Joseph, succeeds his father. He develops the sales abroad, especially in the USA.
1876
de Venoge is awarded the Grand Prize of Excellence at the Universal Exhibition of Philadelphia.
1882
de Venoge is one of the founding members of the "Syndicat des Grandes Marques de Champagne". This union was the base of a common policy for quality and is now the soul of every fight for the preservation of Champagne.
1898
Yvonne de Venoge, daughter of Gaëtan, and her husband take over the head of the House and develop the brand in the European Aristocraty.
1922-1958
Henri de Manneville followed by Jacques de Nadaillac, takes over the Presidency
1998
de Venoge becomes part of the "Boizel Chanoine Champagne" group.
2005
Launch of the prestige Cuvée "Louis XV", in honor of the king that made so much for Champagne. On May 25th 1728, Louis XV issued a decree allowing only wines of Champagne to be both shipped and sold in bottles, marking the birth of Champagne as we know it today.
2015
The House settles in a beautiful estate at number 33 of the Avenue de Champagne, which perfectly reflects the image of nobility, distinction and refinement attached to de Venoge.

De Venoge Today

Hôtel de Venoge

Our wines are now distributed around the world in more than 40 countries, only through selective distribution : wineshops, hotels and fine restaurants.

Our Cellar Master establishes high quality standards during all the process : best crus, low dosage, only 1st press of grapes only and long aging period.

Furthermore, de Venoge owns a unique treasure : one of the largest Vinothèque of Champagne.